Sunday, November 19, 2006

Day 2- Monday- Travelogue

I flew out of Philly Monday morning to a brief stop-over in Charlotte…(I needed the connecting flight to keep my travel cost as low as possible)…the plane pulled up to the gate and the jetway promptly got stuck for about 25 minutes…I was anxious about missing my connecting flight to Orlando and being late for the sessions I was looking to attend…no less anxious, I’m sure, than all of the families from New Jersey headed to Disney…it’s Teacher Convention week, and all of NJ traditionally heads for Disney…only had to go one gate over, caught the flight and made Orlando on time…

Anywho, enough of the boring travel stuff…

Getting off the plane, the weather was cloudy, with some brief rainy spots…The first thing I noticed, other than the palm tress, was that it was warm enough to feel humid…In November, no less…felt like back home in Jersey…

An easy cab ride ($60 + tip, 45 minutes) will get you to the resort, and the driver promised good weather for the rest of the week…It was fun driving through the gates of Disney. I know I sound like a kid, but I needed a break and Disney seemed like just the ticket…again, great choice by the event planners…

Hotel check-in was handled in the usual Disney manner…pleasant, quick, personable…

I learned from last year and had booked early enough to get a room right in the Dolphin where the event was being held…this makes a big difference…it’s very convenient to be able to bop back and forth to your room, and to have all of the resort amenities at your fingertips…well worth the price…

I guess I should make some comments on the Michael Graves design for the resort, but enough may already have been said. The interiors are great with lots of attention to detail…almost more so than the building exterior…the exterior grounds provide beautiful spaces for strolling …I just can’t resist noting the “Dolphin” really looks more like a bass…


Oh yeah, the meeting…

Day 2- Sessions Reviews

No comments: