Thursday, April 28, 2005

Blogging Interphex...Day 2

The weather looks a little iffy today, but I made the walk to Javits without getting wet.

An even better crowd today than yesterday...maybe it was Rudy Guiliani's Keynote Address on "Leadership"...I feel like Bill Murray doing his Oscar selection on an old SNL episode..."great movie, but I missed it..." same with me for the speech...people I talked to were very impressed with Rudy's sincerity and overall presentation...and I saw several people with copies of the book.

Back in the booth and got a chance to talk to a lot of people...
and that pretty much described Wednesday...yesterday was all business, seeing people you needed to see, getting info, etc., etc... today seemed much more personal, say hi to people you haven't seen in a while, catch up...find out who is working where...that sort of thing...The adult beverages were flowing pretty early, maybe that helped the mood a little bit...One person from the operations side suggested your project work load determines whether you spend the show racing around getting information you need for work, or just relaxing and visiting...makes sense to me...

I saw about 6 or 7 people with all the stamps necessary to get a shot at the Cooper...Good Luck to all!!!

Novo Nordisk got the Facility of the Year Award...designed by NNE and MT Hojgaard...I had reviewed the early entry information and didn't get any sense of how cool this project was...make sure you see the "post award" brochure...it gives a much better sense of the transparent glass approach to the interior...First Class project, very slick...

Cool Booths/ Give-aways Part 2- Several people from the office had more time (or patience) to walk the floor than I did...Notable for today were the back massage things from Advantapure and Johnson Controls had memory sticks. As far as activities, the booth with the foot massage machine got rave reviews!!! Standing up all day is a drag...

I think next year I need to set aside some more time for conferences and scouting out the activities...

That's all for now...

No comments: