Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What friends have been up to...

It’s always interesting to find out what friends have been up to …I have been in touch with a lot of friends and colleagues lately…

I heard from Mike Dockery the other day…he called in from the other side of the pond…

He has been in the US lately, and he indicated that he has been very involved in the Labs21 effort and in trying to bring a similar effort to Europe called Labs21 UK.

He was also interviewed for an article in the latest issue of Nature magazine in an article titled "Energy efficiency: Super savers: Experimenting with efficiency". The article covers energy savings as one of the most effective means to reduce greenhouse gases…He is quoted as saying “Europe can teach the US a thing or two…” about sustainable lab design.

I haven’t seen the full article…Nature charges a lot to read it’s articles on line…if anyone gets a look at the full article, let me know…

It was good to hear from Mike…I wish him well with his latest efforts…maybe I’ll try to get him to crank out a post or two…

No comments: